Friday, August 31, 2007

The "On the Stick" Phenomenon

I love food.  Alot.  And one of the many things I like in China is the food.  Today will we learn about the "on the stick" phenomenon.  Food stalls along the street sell lots and lots of lots of different types of food, most of them, on a stick.  There are of course meat on a stick, which is a perennial favorite.  Of these my personal favorite is mutton.  They are barbequed right there on the street and then dusted with spice which taste very good.  There are also beef, chicken, squid, meatballs, and fish of some type I think.  

But there is also another type of food on a stick, melon.  Melon on a stick was a very nice suprise because it is freakin hot and humid here.  I don't know what kind of melon it is, it tastes like honeydew but it isn't.  On a hot day, this is a life saver, plus it only costs a yuan each so it is very affordable on a lowl teachers salary!

No comments: