Saturday, February 2, 2008

So Thailand was nice enough I guess, I really didn't get a feel for the country as a whole just Thailand and a few days on an island but I have to say that Cambodia was alot alot alot of fun. That country was really nice! Especially after how crowded and busy Bangkok was it was nice to go to a country that was alot more laid back and not as crowded. I only went to Phnom Penh and Siem Reap but both were really nice. Phnom Penh, even though it is the capital isn't really that developed relative to Bangkok or Shenzhen. It has something of an expat district along part of the river but it is really small. It was also pretty hot, I cannot imagine what it must be like in this region come summer, at least Phoenix is a dry heat. Siem Reap was alot of fun even if it was really touristy, but it wasn't in an obnoxious way and the Cambodian people were all very friendly as well. We rented bicycles to explore Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom etc and that was alot of fun. The food was good, even though I don't normally eat bread every day and especially not in China I had forgotten how good french bread was until I hit Cambodia, where it was everywhere. They make this really good sandwhich with cucumber, green onion, cambodian fish sauce, and what I think was condensed milk which they use alot, along with some sort of meat but the meat didnt really add anything to the taste. I have taken an ungodly amount of pictures it will be at least 500 or so by the time this trip is done. Digital cameras and large memory cards have unleashed the inner artsy photog snob in all of us. I need to go to Laos at some point but not this trip, and have to go back to Thailand but after the end of this trip I think I can cross off Cambodia and Vietnam of places to be visited.

No comments: